BREATH MATTERS: Take a look at these short quotes from – Baha’i, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, Sufism, Taoism
1) “Love is heaven’s kindly light, the Holy Spirit’s eternal breath that vivifieth the human soul.” Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Selection #12, p. 27
2) “Breath is the bridge which connects life to consciousness, which unites your body to your thoughts. Whenever your mind becomes scattered, use your breath as the means to take hold of your mind again.”
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation
3) So Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. – John 20:21-22
4) “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray, ‘Om Chanting and Meditation’
5) God made Adam’s body out of the dust of the earth. Later, the “man became a living soul” only after God “breathed into his nostrils the breath of life.” – Genesis 2:7
6) “At night, I open the window
and ask the moon to come
and press its face against mine.
Breathe into me.
Close the language-door
and open the love-window.
The moon won’t use the door,
only the window.”
― Rumi, A Year with Rumi: Daily Readings
7) Embracing Tao, you become embraced.
Supple, breathing gently, you become reborn.
Clearing your vision, you become clear.
Nurturing your beloved, you become impartial.
Opening your heart, you become accepted.
Accepting the World, you embrace Tao.
Bearing and nurturing,
Creating but not owning,
Giving without demanding,
Controlling without authority,
This is love.”
― Lao Tzu, The Teachings of Lao-Tzu: The Tao-Te Ching
AND A FEW MORE INTERESTING ONES!
“Dum spiro, spero” (While I breath I hope)
― Marcus Tullius Cicero
“You are where you need to be. Just take a deep breath.”
― Lana Parrilla
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our
- Maya Angelou
Sioux Saying – “Life is like a buffalo. Its there and then its gone. Life comes and goes like the cloud of a moist breath on a cloudy morning.”
Hopi Saying – “Take the breath of the new dawn and make it part of you. It will give you strength.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson – “It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.”“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children…to leave the world a better place…to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.””It is not length of life, but the depth. All life is an experiment.”
“I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am.”
― Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar